Posted on 2/1/13
Epic Marketing is looking for an experienced marketing professional to join our amazing team. We are a full-service marketing firm that works with a national list of clients to ensure that their marketing needs are identified and met. We have a fun culture as a team and are looking for people that are interested in a long-term career.
We are looking for an experienced account executive that is capable of helping generate new business while managing a client load.
Epic Marketing account executives are important members of the account management and client service team, and report to the VP of sales. Our account executives represent the entire range of company products and services to new business and assigned clients, while ensuring assigned clients’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The role of an account executive is to manage and grow Epic’s accounts, act as the clients' advocate, increase client satisfaction, identify client needs, and align those needs with Epic’s products and services. Account executives serve as the primary point of contact for select clients. Assigned to eight to ten named clients, an account executive is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
Success in the account executive position will be measured by new business, client retention, revenue growth, and client satisfaction. Account executives are expected to become deeply familiar with each client's unique business needs and align those needs with services provided by the company. To facilitate strong client interactions, account executives are expected to travel on occasion to meet face-to-face with strategic clients. Finally, account executives are required to establish relationships internally with all other departments in the organization in order to be able to respond to any nature of client request.
- Commission-based + bonuses + benefits
- Meet and liaise with clients to discuss and identify their advertising requirements.
- Work with agency colleagues to develop an advertising campaign that meets the clients' brief and budget.
- Present campaign ideas and budget to the client alongside agency colleagues
- Work with senior management to brief media, creative and design staff, and assist with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Liaise with, and act as the link between, the client and advertising agency by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively.
- Negotiate with clients and agency staff about the details of campaigns.
- Present creative work to clients for approval or modification.
- Handle budgets, manage campaign costs, invoice clients, and take responsibility for payment collections.
- Write client proposals and reports.
- Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Undertake administration tasks.
- Arrange and attend meetings.
- Work closely with the project team to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Make pitches to win new business for the agency alongside other agency staff.
- Be aware of and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business; take responsibility of the contract and contract renewals for new clients and for existing clients.
- Be an advocate for the client. Communicate the clients' goals and represent the clients' interests to the team.
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate all offerings to the client.
- Report to the VP of sales, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- Bachelor's degree
- A passion for sales, social networking, local search, advertising, and helping businesses succeed
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Our account executives are hard-working, self-motivated and confident
- Proven account management skills in order to create, maintain and enhance new and client relationships
- Minimum 5 years of account/project management experience
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and skilled with multitasking
- Marketing competence and an understanding of advertising campaigns
- Motivated, goal-oriented, persistent, and a skilled negotiator
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of our premiere account executives, send us your cover letter and resume today to be considered for the position. Please email your documents to email@example.com.