Epic Marketing account executives are important members of the account management and client service team, and report to the General Sales Manager. Our account executives represent the entire range of company products and services to new business and assigned clients, while ensuring assigned clients’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The role of an account executive is to manage and grow Epic’s accounts, act as the clients' advocate, increase client satisfaction, identify client needs, and align those needs with Epic’s products and services. Account executives serve as the primary point of contact for select clients. Assigned to eight to ten named clients, an account executive is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
Success in the account executive position will be measured by new business, client retention, revenue growth, and client satisfaction. Account executives are expected to become deeply familiar with each client's unique business needs and align those needs with services provided by the company. To facilitate strong client interactions, account executives are expected to travel on occasion to meet face-to-face with strategic clients. Finally, account executives are required to establish relationships internally with all other departments in the organization in order to be able to respond to any nature of client request.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet and liaise with clients to discuss and identify their advertising requirements.
- Work with agency colleagues to develop an advertising campaign that meets the clients' brief and budget.
- Present campaign ideas and budget to the client alongside agency colleagues
- Work with senior management to brief media, creative and design staff, and assist with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Liaise with, and act as the link between, the client and advertising agency by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively.
- Negotiate with clients and agency staff about the details of campaigns.
- Present creative work to clients for approval or modification.
- Handle budgets, manage campaign costs, invoice clients, and take responsibility for payment collections.
- Write client proposals and reports.
- Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Undertake administration tasks.
- Arrange and attend meetings.
- Work closely with the project team to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Make pitches to win new business for the agency alongside other agency staff.
- Be aware of and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business; take responsibility of the contract and contract renewals for new clients and for existing clients.
- Be an advocate for the client. Communicate the clients' goals and represent the clients' interests to the team.
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate all offerings to the client.
- Report to the Sales Manager, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Required minimum of 3 to 5 years of sales, account/project management experience in an inside sales environment.
- A passion for sales, social networking, local search, advertising, and helping businesses succeed.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Our account executives are hard-working, self-motivated and confident.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services, which includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Creativity, proven account management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Extremely detail oriented, knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- High technical competence of Microsoft Office, CRM software and Project Management software.
- Competitive spirit, motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator.
- Team player, high level of initiative and work well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, plan, organize, prioritize, make effective decisions, and achieve assigned goals within management expectations.
- Ability to keep abreast of new products and technology and apply to the job.
- Optimistic attitude, handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Must have the ability to analyze the business, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and or industry regulations.
- Must have excellent Time Management skills.
- Must be able to create reports, professional business correspondence and follow department procedures.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, employees, prospects and customers.
- Must be flexible to meet business and training needs.
- Understanding of all aspects of advertising and marketing, multi-channel direct marketing, Internet search, prospect cultivation and data management.
Travel Requirements and Frequency:
Occasional local and overnight travel may be required.
Qualified candidates please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.