Mobile Internet Use: The Stats
Would it surprise you to know that there are more smart phones being activated each day than there are babies born across the world each day? With approximately 700K Android and 300K iPhone devices being activated each day, it far surpasses the number of babies born across the world each day at about 370K.
So how does this relate to you and your business? There's never been a more important time to adopt a mobile website. In fact, some of our clients are seeing close to 30% of their entire site traffic coming from mobile and tablet devices.
Here are some stats to show you why it's time to get a mobile website.
- Global mobile data traffic grew 2.3-fold in 2011, more than doubling for the fourth year in a row. (via Cisco)
- Nearly 42 percent of all U.S. mobile subscribers now use smartphones. (via comScore)
- It's estimated that by 2014, mobile internet use will take over desktop internet use. (via digitalbuzzblog.com)
- In 2011, the number of mobile-connected tablets tripled to 34 million, and each tablet generated 3.4 times more traffic than the average smartphone. (via Cisco)
- 60% of mobile users expect a site to load in 3 seconds or less. 71% of mobile users expect a site to load on their mobile phone in the same time it takes to load on their desktop. (via Google's HowToGoMo.com)
- 57% of users would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site, and 40% have moved on to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience. (via Google's HowToGoMo.com)
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local information. 61% of mobile users call a business after searching. (via Google's HowToGoMo.com)
Mobile internet use has been nothing but explosive over the past few years, and it doesn't show signs of slowing down any time soon. Ready to see how a mobile site can improve the web presence of your business? Contact Epic for a custom quote today.