A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
The right image in a marketing piece can help convey a deeper message than you may be able to communicate in copy alone. Finding and selecting the appropriate images for marketing materials, as always, is easier said than done.
You have a few options:
1. Take the photo yourself - good luck!
2. Hire a professional photographer - can be pricey. Hopefully they are better than the wedding portfolio they showed you.
3. Use stock imagery - lots and lots of options. Where to start? Stock photos are very affordable and can save you a significant amount of time and effort. But even for fairly experienced marketers, finding the right images can be like finding a “needle in the haystack.” It is not uncommon a designer to take several hours (time well spent) before they find just the right image.
When selecting a great photo, look for:
- Subject is easily recognizable
- Relevance to message
- Quality (focus, lighting)
- Right dimensions
- Bright colors or contrast
- Avoid using cliché stock images -- they are all over and everyone has seen them.
Even though pictures speak a thousand words, poor images do nothing to advance your company’s message. These images will degrade the marketing value of the material and may even portray a negative image to viewers. It’s best to view your materials through your target audience’s eyes. If possible, elicit feedback from them to tailor your brand image.
We have worked with hundreds of clients to develop thousands of unique and professional marketing pieces. Experience the difference that an Epic ad will do for your business.