Posted on 2/6/13
Epic Marketing is looking for an experienced marketing professional to join our amazing team. We are a full service marketing firm that currently works with over 40 clients nationwide and continues to grow despite economic issues. We have a fun culture as a team and are looking for people that are interested in a long term career with us.
We are looking for a Media Buyer to manage all of our media planning/buying efforts nationwide.
The Media Planner/Buyer prepares presentation materials, media flowcharts, media proposals, point-of-view documents, and budget spreadsheets; negotiates and purchases media space and time for advertising campaigns.
Desired Skills and Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain relationships with media partners
- Provide research for media plan development such as contacts media partners, review media kits, meet with media representatives, compile and interpret proprietary and syndicated data, and prepare media recommendations as required
- Issue media insertion orders
- Reconcile media invoices
- Negotiate and purchase national, regional and local media, and event/outreach and sponsorship packages
- Track media expenditures to ensure budget compliance
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- A solid understanding of marketing
- Requires superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills
- Highly motivated and a team player
- Effective multitasking skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years advertising agency experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, problem solving, mathematical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with careful attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with media planning and buying software and data including Strata, IMS, MRI,
- Scarborough, Arbitron, ComScore, Compete and Nielsen
- Based on experience
Qualified candidates please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.