Yep that’s right, we have an answer for this problem, and it’s a whole lot simpler than you might think.
WEB VIDEOS! Having a video on your site will help to grow your business in more ways than one.
Why web videos? Web videos bring a special human connection to your business that you can’t get from reading content (and this is coming from a writer). Providing your audience with a visual connection to your business will help increase trust in what you’re offering.
How do we know this? Because we’re marketing geniuses! But seriously, there are two great answers to this question.
The first answer is simply cold hard statistics that show the benefits of having a web video on your site. There have been several studies showing that having a web video on your site will be more likely to convert viewers into customers.
- 188.2 million people in the US watched 52.4 billion online content videos in December 2013. The average American spent more than 19 hours watching online videos. – comScore, 2013
- Visitors who view a video will stay two minutes longer on average and are more likely to buy than other site visitors. – comScore, 2010
- Professionally produced videos outperform user-generated videos by 30%, delivering a 24.7% lift. – comScore, 2012
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best return on investment (ROI). – eMarketer, 2013
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. – Internet Retailer, 2010
- Retention rates for visual information can reach 65% vs 10% for text-based information. – Social Media Today, 2013
The second answer has to do with the fact that the human brain is hardwired to be drawn to the visual more than just the written. Susan Weinscherik Ph.D., known as “The Brain Lady”, is a psychologist who specializes in how to motivate people to buy through brain function. She works with corporations such as Disney, Charles Schwab, Best Buy, Walmart, and The Mayo Clinic.
- When we see a face, it’s our human nature to be drawn towards it, causing us to pay attention. Watching facial expressions allows us to develop trust and believability in who is providing us with information. This causes your audience to process the information on an emotional level, which means your audience understands it in a deeper way.
- The human voice is a powerful tool that converts information into meaningful content. The different tones we use to convey enjoyment and desire for your product will influence your future customers to feel the same way.
- Emotions are contagious. Displaying excitement and passion in a video will cause your audience to feel the same excitement and passion.
- Body language is another tool used to evoke feelings through shared expression. Watching someone move with precision, authority, and enthusiasm causes us to feel the same way about them and their product.
Between the studies that show the benefit of having a web video on your site, and the natural connection that videos create with your audience, it should be a no brainer. As internet marketing continues to grow at a rapid rate, putting a web video on your site now will keep you ahead of the curve in online marketing.