Epic Marketing’s Responsive WordPress Developer is an important member of the creative and design team, and reports to the Creative Director. In this role you will be working together with both our internal marketing team as well as external clients to bring their websites from concept to completion and marketing campaigns to life. You will collaborate with marketing members on campaign ideas, support social media and employer branding initiatives. You can expect to collaborate on design and successfully manage a fast moving list of projects.
An ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of WordPress experience, and knowledge of current web development languages including HTML5, CSS3, PHP/MySQL. An understanding of responsive website design and experience optimizing front end code for performance and speed is absolutely essential. Skill set should also include project management, organization, and client communication, ability to code for multiple browsers, platforms and devices. Excellent understanding of typography, grid and layout, color and imagery, and experience working with site maps, storyboarding, user flow, wire framing, and use case scenarios. Familiarity with PHP and custom WordPress theme experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
We are a group of professionals in a congenial atmosphere where teamwork abounds and your efforts are truly appreciated. We work hard, but also strive for work life balance. Fun stuff includes parties, teambuilding activities, summer picnics, employee recognition and we close early before holidays. Competitive base salary dependent on your experience. We’ve got great benefits including:
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Health insurance paid 100% for employee.
- Full Time W2 position.
- Opportunity to advance your career.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and implement responsive websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layout through HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins.
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites
- Maintain PHP/MySQL/HTML sites.
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle.
- Design interfaces and graphics for presentations and mobile-delivered applications.
- Suggest improvements of builds and technology.
- QA testing and rollout.
- Participate in social media campaigns and be an active user of social media.
- Create specific pages/sites accurately following the designs.
- Develop, modify, and debug WordPress implementations.
- Facilitate client WordPress training, site documentation and maintenance.
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies.
- Work with marketing team to ensure successful, on-time delivery.
- Ability to provide ownership over projects they work on.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or training in related field.
- 2 years professional experience developing WordPress websites.
- 2 years professional experience writing PHP code.
- 2 years’ experience customizing and building WordPress sites.
- Conversion Rate Optimization and Landing Page Optimization experience highly preferred.
- Front-end development, understanding responsive builds and browser compatibility.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress websites using the best practice and de-facto standard plugins.
- Ability to translate Photoshop design comps and wireframes into working HTML templates.
- Working knowledge of designing for SEO/ SEM.
- Expert hands-on knowledge of standards compliant HTML, XHTML, CSS3.
- Knowledge of MySQL database and SQL scripting.
- Thorough understanding of cross platform/browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Must be highly productive when working independently and work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with video for web a plus.
- Experience with dynamic, geo-related, data-driven and or e-commerce websites a plus.
- Motion graphics and or 3D skills a big plus.
Travel Requirements and Frequency:
Occasional local and overnight travel may be required.
Qualified candidates please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.